STEP 1: Our professional and insightful team will come to your locations for a complete evaluation
95% of ADA Lawsuits originate in parking lots that is why it is so crucial to get your parking lot compliant!
For years, ADA lawsuits were coined “drive-by lawsuits” as enough info could be gleaned from driving past without ever getting out of the car. However, serial litigants are leaving the car in the garage and simply hopping on the computer. With Google Earth having visually captured all of California (and the entire globe for that matter!) we are now seeing lawsuits being filed by use of this new technology. You can now zoom in close enough to a property to survey the exterior and determine if it appears compliant. In many cases, our clients prove that the plaintiff never set foot on their property, but with the non-compliant issues verified, the lawsuits stand, and thousands of dollars are lost.
There are literally thousands of details that make up whether or not a parking lot is indeed ADA Compliant. Here is an overview of the areas of most importance:
Path of Travel
Any commercial property must have an ADA compliant path of travel from both the ADA parking spaces and the public sidewalk.
The striping for all ADA Parking spaces must be correctly implemented.
There is a strict set of rules that every ADA sign must abide by. From how tall it is positioned, to the size of the font, every detail must be followed precisely.
In order to keep people safe, the slope of any area that people with disabilities must utilize to access a commercial property must not exceed 2% cross slope and 5% running slope.
While all of this might seem overwhelming, we are here to help. Let us know what we can do to assist you.
THREE STEPS TOWARD ADA COMPLIANCE
STEP 2: Our complete reports will give clear design guidance on what must be done to satisfy state regulations.
What's Different about Us?
- Return phone calls and emails promptly.
- Tailor our services to our customers’ needs and budget.
- Provide fast and complete written estimates.
- Schedule timely, meticulous site surveys.
- Deliver reports that are thorough and easy to understand.
- Use our extensive construction experience to provide the most economical solutions.
- Good communication during the entire process & available to answer questions.
- We have a sense of urgency in solving our client’s problems.
- We are not satisfied unless the client’s expectations are exceeded.